The Great Eastern Fly-In
Date: 9 to 10 January 2016
Venue: Evans Head Memorial Aerodrome
|Contact Details: |
0427 825 202
The Great Eastern Fly-In at Evans Head is a unique Australian aviation event. Many different types of aircraft will be flying in and out all weekend - GA, recreational, ultralights, warbirds, motorgliders, helicopters, paramotors, gyros, twins, vintage, bi-planes, aerobatic and a great model aircraft display. Chat to the pilots, check out the aircraft! Things to do and see include:
- Joy flights, adventure flights and trial instructional flights - Types of aircraft are T 28 Trojan, P51 Mustang, Yak 52, Winjeel, Wirraway, SNJ, Yak 52, Tiger Moth, Bell Helicopter (Mash), Gyro, Trike;
- Air displays - from some of Australia’s top aerobatic and display pilots flying, such as Cam in the Russian Yak 52! See the amazing models, helicopter mustering and squadrons of warbirds doing our memorial Flypast. Some excellent ex military aircraft including the US forces T28 Trojan, Winjeel, Wirraway, P51 Mustang.
- Evans Head Aviation Museum and F111 with flight simulators, WWII mlitary trucks, jeeps and cars, just like those used on the site during WWII and driven by the Women’s Auxiliary Air Force. Rural Fire Service display and model aircraft show.
- Re-enactment groups - two groups from Queensland, Army Group South and Brothers In Arms, will be setting up their camps for the weekend, learn about WW11 army life, the uniforms, vehicles used and remember our veterans from that conflict.
- Kids activities - face painting, jumping castles, plus much, much more.
St Marks Dahlia and Flower Show
Date: 20 February 2016
Venue: St Marks Anglican Church Hall
|Contact Details: |
Tel: (02) 6662 5745
An amazing display of dahlias and flowers are put together every year by the passionate gardeners of St Marks Anglican Church. The day starts at 8.30am and finishes at 12.30pm.
Come along and enjoy the range of plants, market stalls, cooking, produce, sweets and raffles.
Morning tea at 9am, an official welcome at 10.30 am, lunch from 11.30am and presentations at 12 noon.
Gold coin entrance to hall.